One Woman...Too Many Pounds

I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I grew up fat and in college I became Morbidly Obese! I was able to loose over 70lbs on my own with diet and exercise in my early twenties. Unfortunately; I encountered a major setback for me...a cheating boyfriend; which led me to stop going to the gym and I, again, used food for comfort. At my heaviest I was over 320lbs. The day I had gastric bypass surgery (5-5-05) I weight 292.2 lbs. After surgery I lost 108# at my lowest weight; which also happened to be when I met my husband. I would bounce back and forth about 20lbs and the day I was engaged (1.18.09) I weighed 210 lbs. I joined the gym and knew I needed and wanted to loose weight before my wedding. The day of my wedding (8.14.09) I weighed 192lbs, when I came home from my honey moon 1 week later I weight 184lbs! I felt sexy and thin and happy. Oct 26th 2009 I had gained about 10-15 lbs back and had a positive pregnancy test. Our beautiful blessing; Emma Paige Morris was born 6.19.10. I gained 65+ lbs during my pregnancy, weighing in at 265lbs the day I delievered. 3.5 months later I got back on my weight loss goals and lost 20lbs immediately. My baby girl is now 8 months old and I am STUCK at 222.2 lbs! I am 18lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight (well first trimester weight really) and 40lbs away from my post-honeymoon weight. I am struggling with this journey and thought maybe, maybe I can find kindred souls to share this journey with and maybe even help others in the process. I really, Really wanted to be back to my post-honeymoon weight on my 2yr anniversary (8.14.11). That date is only 5.5 months away; approximately 8lbs a month. Seems resonable but I am struggling. Please Join me on my journey. Share your own; commiserate with me and lets support each other as we become healthy and active. I know I will never be a skinny-minnie, I will probably never wear a size smaller than 12-14; but I want and need to be healthy and active for my little girl. I do NOT want to be an embarraseement to her; like my parents were/are to me because of their size, health, and inactivity.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

9 months on... 9 months off?

A few months ago I had set a goal for myself (which I shared only with my BBC little sunshine girls) that I wanted to be back to my pre-preg weight by Emma's 9 month bday.  That is in 10 days.  So today I had my daily date with the scale (which amazingly I was looking forward to) and am down to 213.8! WHOOP WHOOP; I'm really starting to love the GYM!

Anyway, my pre-preg weight was 204 (argh) so 9lbs in 10 days.  Is it even do able?  I seem to be in a period of rapid weight loss, perhaps all the exercise and my healthy eating habits are finally kicking in my body and using up its fat (it has a lot more to use up).  So, I'm going to do my best to take advantage of it while it lasts.  The next 10 days I will be focusing on going to the gym 4-5 days a week (instead of 3-4) and maintaining my "diet" despite any possible set backs/obstacles I may face (dinner out etc).  Hopefully, and with a lot of hard work and dedication, you will all see post by me on the 19th that says "YES GOAL #1 ATTAINED!!!". 

You might be wondering what Goal #2 is?  I also shared this with my girls.  I want to be back down to my post-honeymoon weight by my 2 year anniversary.  So will be aiming to loose an additional 20# by August 14th.  I think I can do it and I have additional incentive now...My BBC Lil sunshine girls and myself are going to meet in person in LAS VEGAS BABY, for a short mommy retreat, during which time we plan to lounge by the pools and relax.  Well; pools mean swim suits, I didn't necessarily feel "hot" in my swim suits on my honeymoon, but at least they fit and I wasn't "embarrassed" in them. 

OK followers...whose with me?  Come on ladies, I've gonna a lot of support from you all but I'd like for those who want, need, and are willing to join me!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you!! I was just thinking last night, I need to shed a few pounds. Before I got pregnant, my weight plateaued at the weight I'm at now and even though its a "healthy" weight, it's not where I want to be. I want 10 pounds gone and it seems like such a tiny number but damn it, it never seems to go away! We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 5'3" and 100 pounds... I look good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Anyonymous - According to your height and weight, your BMI places you in the underweight category. We all want to feel like we "look good" but sometimes being underweight is just as unhealthy as being overweight. There is a fine line with it all and my main goal is to be healthy and happy with how I look. I like curves, not fat rolls, curves and if I had the same bmi as you I'm 99% certain I would no longer have curves (i'd have to weigh 110 lbs to have a bmi of 17.7).

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts, comments, suggestions, concerns or share your stories. Please remember that weight loss is an emotionally laden subject...be kind...if you can't...don't leave any comments.